Greater Purpose and Core Values:
Athletico’s Greater Purpose is to empower people, inspire hope and transform lives. We accomplish this by providing exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our Core Values of one team, understanding our business, recognition, people-focused, accountability, continuous innovation and trust and integrity, which are the foundation for our unique culture.
The Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (SCC) will be assigned to an Army installation to reduce medical attrition and increase Military readiness. SCCs will improve Brigade (BDE) readiness through Army specific functional fitness training programs, in accordance with the (IAW) Field Manual (FM) 7-22 that is designed to meet each Brigade’s Program of Instruction (POI) requirements. Services will target musculoskeletal (MSK) injury prevention and reconditioning education services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the H2F Performance Team to develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive, periodized education and services program, integrated and synchronized with the Brigade and Battalion (BN) training calendars. Success is determined by the ability of the Brigade to perform its combat mission
- Perform services in accordance with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) Scope of Practice
- Embedded at the Brigade level (500-1000 person unit)
- Perform most work in a military training environment (e.g., fitness centers/gyms, BDE or administrative areas, outdoors, ranges, field training environments, and the SPRC)
- Observe Brigade and below (i.e., BN, company, platoon, squad, and team) specific training events (e.g., obstacle courses, combative, and training areas)
- Support quality assurance efforts, ensuring all work performance aligns with H2F objectives
- SCCs may be embedded within H2F Performance Teams across Brigades at various government installations
Required Education, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field from an accredited college or university
- Possess a passing score from the NSCA as a CSCS or by the CSCCA as a SCCC
- Three (3) years of relevant SCC work experience within the last five (5) years
- (Relevant experience is defined as developing and executing task/environment-specific functional injury control and health/wellbeing programs for groups of athletes or the DoD/Department of Homeland Security/Department of Justice entities focused on a common sport or mission performance goal. Please note: Employment related to internships or graduate work for only up to one (1) year is considered as relevant experience)
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification
- (Certification cards must display the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross emblem. Web-based classes do not meet required standards)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English effectively with soldiers and H2F staff
- Must be able to pass and maintain Tier 1 clearance
- Physically able to lift and manipulate loads and weight plates up to 45 pounds
- Must demonstrate sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills, and social sensitivity to relate to a variety of soldiers from diverse backgrounds
- Have the ability to operate a computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel
- Must be able to navigate and operate with unit SharePoint sites
- Experience providing forward musculoskeletal (MSK) care, early medical intervention, injury prevention (IP), and performance optimization services
- Must be physically able to hike in an austere environment and terrain (e.g., rocky, no running water, no shelter, no bathroom, no climate control, inclement weather, loud, smoky, etc.) while carrying their own backpack with necessary supplies on occasion (< 20% of the time)
- Provide forward MSK care in the training environment, outside of the clinical setting, minimizing lost training time and ensuring early identification of injuries
- Candidate must follow all government designated work attire standards, social media standards, and professional work requirements as stated with the TO
- Position may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required by this position.
Athletico provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.